Sacred and Surrendered Births {Doula}

Today post is about my friend's mission + business. My friend Sylvia, last month she asked me if I could design her a logo, for her new job as Doula and  I was flattered by that! To be honest, I didn't have any experience before for logo. I did help some friends for their wedding decor with watercolor but not for a logo. I was excited and nervous at the same time. First I was excited that it's my first experience and nervous if I would disappoint her with my creation, but I did it and I believe God helped me through this *winked eye*

I know this friend and her life-devotion to God and her heart for women in her community.
So here I would love to share a little bit of my friend's mission and business along with things that I designed for her :)




What did move Sylvia heart to start this?
What really moved her heart for this grew from her own experiences in each of healthy pregnancies and births to her three beautiful children. Sylvia and her husband were equipped with the care knowledge as they prepared to bring the children to the world really set her up for success and joys in her childbirth. Since after her first birth of her daughter, she knew that she wanted to share a little of "birth magic" with the women in her community. 



Sacred and Surrendered Births
When I started to sketch this logo, the question that popped in my head was why is this name for me it sounds compelling and solemn especially if I were a mom :) It was something when you hear and bring peace to your heart. I did ask Sylvia about the name that she picked. So, she shared a bit of it.

I chose the name Sacred and Surrendered for two reasons, "Sacred" means close to God, and "Surrendered" past tense, implies an intentional and willful choice to give control over. For my business, this, of course, means giving control of control of your body to the process which takes to the birth of your baby; your mind working with not against. 
Personally, in every pregnancy and birth, God showed me His care and provisions to labor naturally and without fear. Whether I came to discover these parts of God's glory instantly or rather reflecting on the experiences I underwent, each time I got to walk away from my births made more whole and closer to God, my Heavenly Father.


I want the woman I serve to know there is something far greater than themselves and experience with which they'll walk through. I want them to be connected to it, in Christ-follower's case, God. It may seem easier to disconnect from the pain and intensity to be felt, but that doesn't have to define them. They cannot be overcome by a surge of every uterine contraction because it is a part of them. Also, helping mamas the purpose of these surges are a part of the greater design to bring their precious baby closer to being held in their arms.
It takes willful decision to surrender, or give up the control to escape the pain we fear will swallow us up. But if we connect to and trust the process in which our bodies were designed to perform in childbearing, we can fully surrender to it become part of it in a deeper more spiritual way we never would imagine.

- Sylvia Scarlett



It's beautiful, isn't it? Even though I am not a mom yet but I feel like it would be beautiful to be a part of every moment... just knowing a little bit of this pushing me to give more respect for all mothers out there.

I hope you are moved to by this sweet story of my friend starting her business of how she sees the connection of God's hearts to the births :)


Sylvia herself available for Volusia, Seminole and Orange Counties in Florida

for more info, please visit her Facebook Page 








Comments

Popular Posts