Handmade Christmas Stocking from Towel {Styling TV Stand Idea}

Welcome to December, everyone! 

I want to share a little bit how is it December for me when I was young.
I could say December first was the day I always get my excitement face "Oh it's December!" 
Even when I was at school, my mind was just at home hehe, like I am going to decorate the house with mom, I will wrap some empty boxes around the house, gifts, family gathering, some laughs - perhaps some tears of joy, but as I grew from my youth to adult I did realize it's all about love that pursues me. I shared last night to my husband that I am not as excited as I was a kid anymore, not that it's bad but I more realize it's a month to remind my self that I was the reason He came in simplicity. 
Somehow it drags me hehe it changed my perspective, even for myself to embrace a simple decor Christmas around our house. 
Did you also find yourself different than now when it comes to Christmas? :)

 


So this time, I would love to share that I made our Christmas stockings from a towel. We have lots of towels from our wedding gift. I couldn't use them all. I separated some to use if we have a guest in our house. 

A few weeks ago,  I took a towel and tracing a pattern from old Christmas stocking and then sew it to make it new stockings.  



I put some ribbon for me and for my husband I add a jingle bell. 


 and this actually helps to bring more festive for our TV stand 


this was an previews view before we bring in our Christmas tree. I put the lights around the TV stand, but I had to take the lights for our Christmas tree since we only have those lights :D

 

Some Christmas decoration on the TV stand.



I also made this Christmas sign :)



This manger crystal ball was a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law last year. Isn't it beautiful? 



Do you have a TV stand at home or mantel? how did you decorate? If you have a different idea, share the link on the comment and I would love to see it, and if you don't I hope this inspires you to do something around your house. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Love,
Eva

Comments

Pam Williams said…
I love the sign you made, Eva! It is beautiful! You have a gift for decorating. Thanks for sharing!
Esther said…
So beautiful!! Love your artistic abilities. ❤️
Anonymous said…
I love your stockings! You did a great job! I have just posted my Christmas decor, as well. My kids help me decorate and ours aren't simple, by any means, ha, ha. Your snowglobe and sign are also so nice. Wishing you a Merry Christmas, my friend! :)

Popular Posts