~My Portion Forever~

~Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth 
that I desire besides You~
Psalm 73:25


This is one of my favorite verses. Imagine that Jesus is your heart's only desire all the time. All that you can see through your eyes is His beauty. :)

One thing I pray constantly is: "Dear Lord Jesus, please keep my heart close to You and never let me go." I know my life is falling apart without Him. Sometimes there are moments when I don't feel connected to His heart. I feel empty and desperate. When the sorrow and pain come, they make me feel even worse. The enemy is looking at me and ready to do me in... My heart is crying– crying, "God, I need You, please help me!"  I am there sometimes... but Jesus always wins. I do know that He has so many ways to save me and has saved me. Remember that! :)

I try to keep my heart constantly close to Him– even though the hard times. I read my Bible even though I don't feel like it. I pray even though there are many things distracting me. I even made a place for myself to clear my mind and my soul, remember My Sewing Corner? I use that little corner for me to meditate on His word, a place where I feel encouraged and can think of Him.

 

When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in heart,
I was brutish and ignorant;
I was like a beast toward you.
Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory. 
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that 
I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart 
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:21-26 


Dear friends,  I have everything I want now (it seems), but it's still not enough without Him :) I feel like I am hunting His presence day by day. Have you ever felt the same way? Tell me how do you keep your heart close to Him? How do you pursue Him when there's a wall in the front of you?

Our hearts long for Him, but sometimes the world creates a border. I am sure He loves us and He made the way to find us... even when our hearts are grieved and we don't know how to find Him.

Comments

Oh, I love this Scripture you shared, dear Delvalina...♥
Such a beautiful Psalm and reminder of how great and good our dear LORD is!
I love your little area for time with Jesus... He has been challenging me to spend more time in His Word and in prayer and oh! What a weight has been lifted from my shoulders lately...I feel so much lighter now that I have been immersing myself in Him each day... What a gift Salvation is...
Thank you for this lovely post...may the Lord continue to uplift and strengthen you as you lean on Him!
With much love and joy in Jesus,
Kelly-Anne

Oh and I am delighted to be a new follower of your blog...I am excited to follow your journey!
Pam Williams said…
You share a truth that many need to hear, Delvalina: No one--not the best parent, the most faithful friend, the closest sibling, or the most loving husband--can fill the need in our lives for Jesus. Wise words, my young friend!
Aritha V. said…
How do we keep our heart close to Him? I will share some ways (beside your Bible reading and prayers) to draw closer in our friendship with God. 1. Every day ask for God’s forgiveness and cleansing 2. 3. Attending church, or meeting with other Christians to share and encourage one another in the Christian life (use the sacrament) 3. Read some biblical testimonies of other Christians 4. Live a healthy lifestyle, take care of your body, as well as your soul, because your body is the temple of God.

Your post is so wonderful. I love the photo and your longing for God. Wish you was here :-)
Terra said…
I love your post. One helpful thing for me is Bible study with other women; about 8 women study before church on Sundays and we encourage and help each other and pray for concerns.
This is lovely, Delvalina - it is so important to stay true to Jesus' teachings every day, and your quiet corner is so nice for devotional time. I hope you have a lovely week ahead, my dear. Blessings xo Karen
Faith said…
you have such a beautiful heart <3 its been so nice hearing from you again. stay beautiful and stay focused on Him
Stephanie said…
My sweet and precious sister, how I love to read your posts and see how you are growing in our Lord and Savior. You are a wise young woman :)

Thinking of you, dear Eva, and sending lots of love your way.
Anonymous said…
Great post, and so true! I feel this way often, and I've found that family Bible studies help so much. The world sure does get in the way....it's so easy to become "too busy" to do our daily devotions or to pray as often as we should. We just have to always, always put God first, no matter what. It's imperative. Trust me, I've found this out the hard way!
Ceil said…
Hi Delvalina! I think we will always experience a longing to be a part of God. It's just our nature to want more and more of him. Someone wrote one time that we all have a 'God sized hole' in our hearts that will never be filled until we come to finally meet him. I think that must be true.

I agree with you that God loves us and is with us always. Even in grief. Even in sadness.
Good to be here again!
Blessings,
Ceil
Emily said…
"I have everything I want now (it seems), but it's still not enough without Him". This is so true! What a lovely post. <3

Popular Posts