Growing Houseplants {One Year Experience}

I love having plants around our house, other than the plants bring beauty and breath life into our home, I also like to see them growing and somehow reminds of how I am growing every day. 



I love simply being at home, and I am actually most of the time stuck at home. For now, I don't know how to drive and if you live here in Florida and don't know how to drive means you almost stuck at home everyday :D. I have to come with some ideas sometimes to keep me busy at home while my husband is at work. Most of the time what I do is doing projects of home improvements, cleaning, organize, making meals.

One of the things that I like to do around the house is taking care of these plants. I named some of the plants around our house and my husband named one of them. I think they are pretty along with natural light and fresh air when I open the windows in the morning.



As you enjoy these pictures, I would like to share each plant that I have been taking care of :)

The Courage 

This plant I got from Trader's Joe. This was the very first plant that I got. It didn't say what kind of plant but it only says tropical plant when I bought. I did a search on this plant and I would guess that this plant is philodendron red imperial? If you guys know please let me know here :)
I name this plant Courage. She does need courage and love to grow. One time I put this plant on a spot that only has little morning sun and more of afternoon sun but not directly and little water. It still alive but not growing.  So I moved to where directly morning sunshine and enough water, it just keep growing. I can see that this plant need a bit of care to grow. This is just like me, I do need love and care from people around me sometimes to grow, I know that ultimately my growth comes from the Lord but when I am surrounding my life with people who bring us close to God, I am really growing. 

Mr. Fidel

This Fiddle-leaf Fig tree. We got this one from Lowe's if I am not wrong, it was after summer last year :) My husband name this one Fidel. He is the biggest plant in this house so far and looking beautifully charismatic. This plant is a challenge! Who else with me? Even now, I am still learning to take care of this plant. What I often do, is once a week I take this plant outside during the day when it's a sunny day so the soil will dry more and then after a few hours I would water it and leave the water goes through the soil and bring this Mr. Fidel back to the spot.

Miss Harmonie 

I believe this plant is Pink Syngonium Podophyllum. I got this plant last year in springtime. This plant has a pretty pink touch on the leaves, I love when the bright shine around the pink colors it almost brings the pink into white. The name is Miss Harmonie. They look like uniting and growing together it doesn't matter if the leave is big or small they look standing together and close together and it makes a beautiful look on top because of a variant size of the leaves. It reminds me of the perfect harmony of life :) This plant needs a low-medium light and enough water, but I was so brave to move her to the brighter room, but I do put in a spot that doesn't get direct light.

Sir Obey


This golden pothos is almost everyone's favorite. Almost everyone who loves houseplants has this plant in their house. I got this plant on the same day as Miss Harmonie last spring. I name this one Sir Obey. Sir Obey, because it keeps growing no matter how the situations this plant growing through :D. But this plant grows fast and beautiful if you give good maintenance.



On these two pictures above, you see I have several plants that I don't really name them. That's because I haven't thought any name yet. I usually name when I know their character well enough and decided to name them :D Let's see I got 2 cactus, 1 aloe vera that grew in our backyard,  a nerve plant that I just got a month ago, peperomia, ZZ that I need to put in a bigger pot soon and mints plant.

Peperomia and Aloe Vera

One day I put these two plants in the front of the mirror that I would fix my hair and makeup and they alost die. Good thing, I move them quickly. They are easy to take care of, just need enough water and bright space to grow! Although they don't grow as much as I expected and I am still learning.

Mint Plant

Thes mint plant I got early September last year, it only two stems but I put some soil in this kind of farm box ( I thought it was too big for only two stems ) and grow them with some green onions and after few months the mint spread all over this box and I am really happy about it. :)


This nerve plant I haven't really study about it. So far it is doing well, though I'm thinking to change into a bigger pot soon :)

&
Last but not least...

Princess Kate


The English Ivy. Since it's so pretty and came from Europe I would name her Princess Kate :)
This low maintenance plant and I just put into a bigger pot and bring into our bedroom to bring life.


So that is all my about my plants. I still do want to get more plants although sometimes, I think my addiction to this plant thing is bad. BUT, I love to learn about it and watch them grow makes me happy and again, having houseplants for me is a simple image of how God wants me to grow, the more I grow, the more He gives me a bigger place to grow better! Ha! :D It's amazing!

 I plan to update new coming on this blog once in several months.

Alright friends, thanks for stopping by!


Comments

Adam Mathis said…
Thannk you for writing this

Popular Posts