I Love Books but I am a Slow Reader

I love books but I am a slow reader. I love to smell them, both old and new books & I love pretty and vintage covers :D I use some of them as decoration around the house. So, how is my relationship with books?

 I only read things that I am interested in. I don't enjoy electronic books, or audio books. Hah! How quick it is, depends on how much I am interested in the book. Do you have a struggle like me? Hehe. I adore people who like to read. I think they are smart enough to know how and where to escape and live in the world of curiosity.  I read books because it's relaxing, it's encouraging, it helps you, it takes you to a different world, most importantly they feed your mind, and some people say that books can be friends too. So, be careful when you pick the books. 

I also love books, because they help me to not be on my phone all the time when I am just by myself :) hashtag confession hehe :P 


 

These are just some of the books that I have, I just finished Everybody Always by Bob Goff, a friend who has an internship in Uganda gave this book last year - and I just finished :D. This book is amazing, it helps to fix your perspective to love people around you, and the most important is to be Love and not only do love. Just like Jesus. If you love humanity, and compassion about people, or if you want to learn how to be a presence and to love people around you this book is highly recommended. 

A Blossom in the Desert, This book is a beautiful book. The watercolor painting and the story behind the painting by Lilias Trotter are so encouraging. Lilias not only painting her walk with Jesus by watercolor but also through the words that she used. 

Letters to the church is one that I start to read, I'm excited! 

How is your relationship with books? Do you love books and the slow reader too? :)


Comments

April said…
Love this! I just started letters to the church too.
Terra said…
I wrote down the first two titles and plan to read them. I think you chose wonderful books. You might like "The Warden" by Anthony Trollope, with a very kindly older minister as the main character.

Popular Posts