My Little Journey of Bible Time



~Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.~ John 6:27




There are so many verses about how powerful God's word is but tonight I decided the verse of John 6:27. Food, every creature needs food, they found comforts in food that's something I can relate with my everyday life that how much I need God, even just to put my contacts or cook for my husband hehe. I love that Jesus also was saying that all we need just Him and Him alone. Doesn't mean that we don't need to work and not take care of ourselves. It's just about how intentionally we get to be with God, sit at His feet, lean to His heart, and listening. 

Me, myself still struggling to read my Bible intentionally (that's why I called Little Journey because I know that I need to dig more and get to feel His heart's beat). I'm praying that Holy Spirit help to push myself to defeat my flesh and be with the Word of God.  One of things that help me to enjoy my reading time is spot and time.  Here I can share some of my favorite spots and why :) I hope you are having fun reading this. 

Before marriage life, I have two favorite spots and those two only. In my room it can be on my desk or on my bed, sometimes on the floor, the second is on the roof! Roof?! yes haha I like to see sunrise and sunset, there my place to be with God with no noise and just quiet. So after married, I have a partner to read with so it is more than 2 spots.

Rocking chair by the window (which is in the picture) 

I love this spot especially in the morning where the Sun bursting through the trees from my back yard and goes through the window, you can feel its warmth and the birds singing. All I can think is Jesus you are so beautiful...it put my mood to spend longer time with the Word :)

 A table  in the kitchen 

Breakfast time... I usually have breakfast time with my husband before he leaves to work and we LOVE to read together. We are now doing Bible from Genesis - Revelation and now we are almost finish2 Kings. Woohoo! I sometimes make a joke that we should go celebrate if we finish old testament :D haha.  Alright, before we start our breakfast we read together. 

My Desk or My working Area

This is mostly happen when I am caught with my work. Sometimes, I feel like I can't read in the middle of a mess or when my mind keep telling me me...I need to finish, I need to finish. I simply ordered myself "REST" it's good pause my busyness and be with God even though just 5 minutes. It's powerful when you really open your heart and be ready for that 5 minutes. 

In the bedroom.

This is before bed time, my husband and I do prayer time and read Bible together. It's beautiful after such a long day and you finally rest and lift your heart and be thankful for what He has done.


So that's my little journey of reading Bible. I know someday if we have kids this and that will change but I pray that our hearts to know His word more never fade away...

How do you like to read your Bible? :)








Comments

Stephanie said…
Sweetest Eva, what a precious post. Your beautiful words touched my heart and soul...thank you!

How are you, dear Sister? Oh, how I miss you, your lovely posts, and your kind emails. I think of you often and lift you up in prayer.

Sending lots of love your way!
R's Rue said…
I've missed you.
Oh, so lovely to see a post from you, dear Eva! I thought of you just the other day and wondered how you were,,,{{smiles}}

How I love spending time in God's Word! I especially enjoy sitting outside in a quiet place and delving into His precious Word!

Blessings and love to you!
Libby said…
Oh, I'm so glad to see this post and to see you post. I've been a way from my own blog for a super long time (years) but I've finally returned. I've thought of you many times and wondered how you've been doing. This is a beautiful post. I love the reading spot you chose to share with us. I understand and can relate to being intentional. I'm striving to do that more. Quiet the noise from everything else in life and focus while reading or praying. I'll admit that it's a challenge, but it is necessary. We are also reading through the Bible at my church. Everyone is in a different place, a couple have finished and started over, I'm still in Leviticus!

xoxo,
Libby
Pam Williams said…
Oh Delvalina, it is good to hear that you and your husband are reading the Bible and praying together! What wonderful habits to develop early in your relationship. Very happy for you, dear heart!
Aritha said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
baili said…
loved your calm lovely blog dear friend!

i believe that God is one who created all of us as his lovable creations his love is endless and to keep us in touch so we cannot loose our right path he has chosen his beloved persons to deliver us his precious message

all the messengers and message lead us to right path and towards GOD himself like all streams and river flow towards one ocean .
it is up to our way of approach how we get it and comprehend
Shayndel said…
So Beautiful!! I love the title of your blog!
This post is so peaceful and beautiful sharing!!
Its nice to meet you (visiting through Ariella's blog)

Popular Posts