~A Battle~

~And this is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand~

After two months working *sigh* I've been overwhelmed. How so? Well, if I could make a list, there alot of things I missed and longing for. The most I miss is being home and sewing, I feel like I lost my friends too. This job  has given me deal with children and
parents. One day I told my mom that I wanted to resign from this job, I don't think I can do it my best for this. Yes, I've been talking to God every day. But seems my boss wont to let me go, she needs me though I am not as expert as what she thought.

This is the first I am in work-life (you know what I mean) I am not used to with this situation. Now I learn to be grateful in "new" hard situation hehe.  Well, it was Sunday evening where we have family devotion, we read a passage in Joshua 1. There, many times God reminded Joshua " Be strong and courage" before he led God's people to the land that God has promised. In that moment I remembered  a dream, a dream where  I met Jesus. I walked through the long and straight way but then I met big man who wore black outfit and he shoot me with a gun in his hand, then I fell down I thought I died but then I saw an old man gave me his hand when I looked at him - I knew he must be Jesus and he helped me to stand, I thought he was going to walk with me but he let me go by myself and he said "be strong and courage" through the long way it was 3 times I reminded of those words in different place - finally I made it to a place, that I should be there when I came into that room I saw many children, crowded and noisy it looked like a class without control. I saw a little girl scream and other little boys, I was scared, and then I had to deal with them all, and there I thought it was a battle and that's why Jesus said that and reminded me many time. I prayed hard for those students , and deal with them. That's the dream.

God reminded me that dream suddenly - Oh, now I know that it's clearly what God wants me to do. I feel the same situation like in my dream now, and I keep my eyes on Jesus where my strength come from and praying for the students. It's amazing how God has told me before! 

I really need your prayers for me that I have some problem students in the place I work, it makes me scared sometimes. I know I am in a new battle now. I think God is taking me to next level if I could pass  this test.

Thanks for reading this blog after such along time.
I missed all of my blog friends! you're in my prayers.
Love,
Delvalina

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hello my darling friend! We are separated by miles and miles of land and sea, but my heart is connected to you, dear Sister, because you have been in my thoughts for weeks! And you know what, I always lift up a prayer for you :) God has allowed us to be friends and Sisters in spirit and you will always be in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

Yes, be strong, dear one, and gain your courage and strength from our Lord. I love you and am always here for you!
Valerie said…
Dear Delvalina,
I have thought of you so very often these past weeks and have sent prayers your way. Keep encouraged! I love that verse in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I am so glad to have your friendship and will keep you close in heart during these trying times.
Blessings and Sunshine,
Valerie
Maryah said…
Eva! I loved reading this--so encouraging because I've been thinking about the reminder "be strong and courageous" very recently. You will be in my prayers as you face this battle, knowing that in Christ we are more than conquerors!

<3
Debbie Harris said…
What a blessing to see and hear from you, dear Delvalina.
You have been on my heart and in my prayers sweet one.
Take courage, God is your strength and refuge in times like these. He will never leave you or forsake you, Delvalina. He is the rock on which you stand upon.
Many blessings to you.
Much love, Mrs Debbie
Faith said…
I was just thinking of you today<3

I also heard the song Desert Song you referred to and I've also been reading Joshua! There are so many great battle tactics in that book that you could relate to I'm sure. they've helped me a lot.

I will definitely be praying for you. Thank you for your beautiful post. Your dream was incredible and certainly from God. its very obvious how close you are to your Savior, and that is so inspiring.

this battle is hard. we have an enemy and he is very real and he will stop at nothing to discourage us and knock us down. Stand firm in your faith! God is with you. You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. not on your own strength or your own terms; God's strength. God's way.

Be blessed my sister<3
Sola Scriptura said…
I'm sending you a big hug! I'm sorry for the difficulties you face. Blessings to you!
~ Lauren
Aritha said…
Dear sister in Christ, Take courage! Or Lord Jesus is ready to strengthen you when you experience weakness. He says: My grace is sufficient for you.

I will pray for you.
Pam Williams said…
So very good to see you posting, Eva. You seem to be facing some difficult trials in your job. I, too, started a new job and it requires things of me that I am not really good at. I am trying hard to learn the job because I enjoy the other aspects of the work. But I understand just a little bit of what you are facing. Praying that God lifts your burden or strengthens you to carry it through. Much love, my young friend!
Terra said…
You are doing beautifully in your struggles, and you lean on the One who will lift you. You are a wonderful choice of a person to work with children and help them. I hope this is a week of blessings for you.
Remember "on Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is shifting sand." Hugs from me in California.
Emily said…
Delvalina! It's amazing how God can give us strength in really tough times. Over the past few years there has been a specific thing in my life that has been really tough for me, but I always say to myself what I know is the truth: that God will never give me something I can't bear. It says in 1 Corinthians 10:13

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

I'll be praying for you! xxx
Ceil said…
Hi Delvalina! It was so great to see a new blogpost here today. I know I am very late.
I am so sorry that you've been having problems adjusting to your new job. Teaching is not an easy profession, and it takes time to get comfortable. How wonderful that you feel called to it, especially because of your dream.
I pray that God will lighten your heart and give you the tools you need to be successful in your mind, and in your work. You are his special daughter, don't forget that!
Blessings to you always,
Ceil
Anonymous said…
leuke blog, ik vondt u via andere blogger..zal zeker volgen...groetjes
Denise said…
Sweet Delvalina,I've been thinking about You lately,wondering why Your blog isn't showing up on My blog roll anymore. My effort to find You has only confused Me more.This last post of Yours is dated May,is that correct?Have You stopped blogging?I hope everything is fine with You and I hope You are still out there in blogland.Hugs and blessings-Grandma Denise
Denise said…
Oh Dear how silly of Me,just shows My age or something.This last post was Oct 5th. Sorry for My backwardness.Please drop by, I miss You-Grandma Denise
J.L. said…
I LOVE your blog! Its absolutely adorable! Such a lovely post!
See me at www.myblue-stripedumbrella.blogspot.com
Denise said…
Sweet Delvalina,I was so happily surprised this morning to wake up and find You had visited Me.What a wonderful message You had left Me.The Lord is so faithful to Us, He is teaching You so many secrets for Your life.You are so young and He has much more ahead for You-rejoice! Love Grandma Denise

Popular Posts