~ I'm Engaged - The Story ♥ ~

May we spend our engaged days reminding each other of Your glory, Your gospel, Your love, Your power, Your mission, and Your promise of what is to come.
I asked the photographer to sent one of our engagement picture and he captured from his compute so it look like this but cant wait to share with good quaity.

I'm engaged! God is so good! 

I'm just so grateful for things that God has been working with Sean since we started to be friend 7 years ago ( March 7th 2008). I was so young 18 years old, I was huge fan of Hillsong because I love everything about worship our beautiful Jesus. I used to buy every album that released every year but at the moment my parent didnt have enough money - well they had but Hillsong CD was not in priority. One day I posted on Hillsong fanpage MySpace I told them about how I loved their worships and songs, and music but for the next album called I Heart Revolution I couldnt afford it. But Sean has a heart for caring and he sent me message to me offered me that he could help with send the cd to me. Oh I was so happy but in the other side I was not really excited because I didn't know him and didn't expected him to send one to me. I just could wait till i had enough money, but I sent him my home address.
3 weeks later the postman came and my dad called me that i got a package from U.S. I was like huh?! well, and I opened the package and whoa it's true he really sent me one! What a joy! I got that music. Then things started - I kept wondering and wondering that this guy was just so kind to me - God made me so happy through this guy. Then I started to respect him with started our friendship in Christ. Then came the end of 2008 I just wanted to be nice for him and I tried to send my Christmas card and gift. It was my first time to send the package international. Our friendship became closer - I always grateful that God could bring me a beautiful friend from far away even we didnt meet each other. 

Early 2009 - after our friendship since last year  then he asked me to be his girlfriend. Oh man! I though he already had one. I was like no way. How could I date you dear Sean we're so far.  I really expected to be his girlfriend if he were here. Then I prayed to God and fasting. I made a commitment before to not date any guy until God sent one for me. It was a dilemma and I kept asking God to confirm that if he is the one. Our God just amazing how He holds my heart for this beautiful man. So my heart couldnt deny him. I knew people would think that I'm crazy to dating but I believed God would work things out. 


2009-2014

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,  knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:23 -24

Even how  I had crazy relationship that in the distance never met in person. I wanted it all glorify His name. Our relationship kept growing and pointing to Jesus and we also wanted that both our families know our relationship. It was hard for me in early years to date him but Jesus my very best friend was there for us that we survived - our faith in Him that helped us survive for this 7 years relationship in distance. There are so many many stories and how God perfectly orchestra the universe to unite us in His presence. That could be long long writing to write here. Until we met in person in July 2014, my family loved him and also he loved my family - he even shared the story how God saved him at church in the morning, we went to worship night and people sang How Great Is our God and he just held my hand during we sang - it was like my dream 5 years ago. How awesome is our God! Friends and family kept saying "Oh finally you met!" People thought it would never happen but God made it all and comes out just like a fairy tale.

during our engagement session my sister got this for her camera :D oh! 


2015
He asked me and I said YES!  I have sensed that he would ask me that feeling came to me so strong but I thought he would do it on my birthday party or December. On 22th August at the Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport when I picked him out. He knelt to the ground and pulled out the ring and said in Indonesian " Delvalina, maukah kau menikah denganku ( Delvalina, will you marry me)?" and I was just soooooo happy and nervous, and shy that people around me looked at us hehe. and I said YES! 

Thank you  Kak Sudi, I think God has set things for me this morning and so you could go with me and took this picture

So we had planed to do our engagement picture and the photographer did amazing job during engagement shoot. I cant wait to share with you all.



“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard  nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”


  



Comments

Stephanie said…
Your story is absolutely precious, dear Eva, and it shows the working of our Lord. My heart rejoices with your and Sean and I praise the Lord for His goodness in your lives. Your remain in my prayers during this time, sweet Sister. I love you!
Libby said…
So beautiful! Congratulations, Delvalina. May God continue to bless you and your fiance and when the two of you become one in marriage, may He continue to bless and shine His love upon you and your union. <3
Terra said…
Delvalina this is big and happy news. Fabulous. He is blessed to have you for his future bride. Your prayers and his were powerful to put you two together from so far away. Congratulations.
Pam Williams said…
Congratulations, Eva! It is wonderful how God brought you two together with Him at the center. Beautiful!
Congratulations, Delvalina! I am so happy for you! Now you start a new chapter in your lives and I wish you many blessings going forward. A wonderful story of love through faith. Hugs xo Karen
Faith said…
AHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!! This made my heart melt awwwww. I am so excited for you! it was such an encouragement to read all about how you sought after God through all this and wow that was just so amazing. your story is so cute. I cant wait to see the engagement pictures and to hear more about how God works in your lives.

love you and God bless you and Sean!
Celestina Marie said…
Congrats to you Dear Eva. Your story is one of love and God's Blessings to bring two wonderful people together. Wishing you all the best for a beautiful future together.
God Bless you both always.
Hugs and Love to you, cm
Ceil said…
Hi Delvalina! YAY!!!! What wonderful news!! I love the photos too. What a great time in your life now, looking forward to becoming one with your husband. Is he moving to be with you? I can't wait to follow along with you on your journey with Sean.
Thank you for providing your blog address too :)
Blessings,
Ceil
Unknown said…
CONGRATUALATIONS!!! I am so happy for the two of you and I will be praying that you can grow even closer together through Christ.
Sorry I haven't been on your blog for so long! I've missed reading it.
Congrats again :)
- July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/
Sola Scriptura said…
Congratulations! I wish you two many years of happiness together. I'm sorry I haven't come to visit your blog recently, I had a baby last month so it's been a busy time!
Hugs,
Lauren
Mindy said…
Congratulations to you!! God is good. Happy to follow your journey here : )
Olga Rani said…
Aahh, what a lovely romantic story! Really heart touching! I am so glad for you! Wish you both happiness! Nice engagement photos! Hope you will continue with blogging and so we will be able to see some of your wedding photographs too :)
Debbie Harris said…
Congratulations! Your love story is beautiful as you waited for the Lord to direct during all those years, and that He did!
I look forward to following along with you as you share with us all the beauty of preparing for your special day.

It is so good to see you back in our blogging community, Delvalina.

Much love to you ~ Mrs. Debbie

Popular Posts